Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I was accused of injury to a child I was arrested my case was

Customer Question
dismissed . 5 years later...
I was accused of injury to a child I was arrested my case was dismissed . 5 years later I was expunged and now I became aware that the person that filed the charges against me is not the legal parent or guardian of the child was I falsely arrested who do I have a case is there a statue of limitation
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
4/22/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 1 year ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Hello, One doesn't have to be the parent or guardian of a child in order to report a crime involving that child. Anybody can report a crime. If there was no merit to the suit, you could have brought charges whether the person who reported it was the parent or not. Now, however, unfortunately, the civil statute of limitations in Texas for a false arrest would be two years from the incident. So you are time barred from bringing suit.
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD