How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 26841
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was accused of injury to a child I was arrested my case was

Customer Question

I was accused of injury to a child I was arrested my case was dismissed . 5 years later I was expunged and now I became aware that the person that filed the charges against me is not the legal parent or guardian of the child was I falsely arrested who do I have a case is there a statue of limitation
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, One doesn't have to be the parent or guardian of a child in order to report a crime involving that child. Anybody can report a crime. If there was no merit to the suit, you could have brought charges whether the person who reported it was the parent or not. Now, however, unfortunately, the civil statute of limitations in Texas for a false arrest would be two years from the incident. So you are time barred from bringing suit.