How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Am i eligible Dakotas early parole law if i owe a

Customer Question

Am i eligible for South Dakotas early parole law if i owe a judge ordered fine but am 65 and indigent
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello'​This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.While your Parole cannot be revoked simply for the failure to pay your fines, it can hinder eligibility for early release. However, if you have complied with every other term and condition of your Parole it will be up to your PO to make the request to Abate your Parole. That request has to go directly to the Parole Commission/Board.So if you talk to your PO in Colorado, and they are willing to make the recommendation then request they do that.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
It won't cost you anything to have the request made and if your PO is willing to make the recommendation, the fact you owe fines may stop the process, but if you have complied in every other way, it is always possible. And you can then file with the Court to have the fine waived. If it is restitution to a victim, however, a court will not waive it.

Related Criminal Law Questions