How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3169
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Grandson while suffering from Polar Disease Since his

Customer Question

My Grandson while suffering from Bi Polar Disease Since his teenage years turned 18 and was tossed out by his mother . His Father and mother had bi polar. Father Died from It . Mother has been taking medication. He Doesn't understand why he committed crimes when he was ninteen but he was denied good counsel .when he told him about his disease but they treated him for it after he was convicted.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
I would strongly recommend hiring a private defense attorney (someone you know is invested in his case, because unfortunately public defenders that are assigned are sometimes overworked and overwhelmed). I believe that your grandson has grounds for having his sentence revisited and re-evaluated based on his diagnosis of bipolar. at the very least, in Florida courts, these individuals are assigned to special courts referred to as Drug Court where there cases are evaluated keeping their mental disorders in mind.