How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 31766
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My boyfriend was arrested and because he has a case in Illinois

Customer Question

my boyfriend was arrested and because he has a case in Illinois he has not dealt with bail bondsman are afraid of getting him out. do I need to get a lawyer for him. what should I do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. If you were to get him an attorney, the lawyer could ask for a reduced bond or for other relief from the court that would make it possible to get a bonding company to issue a bond for his release.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Usually, lawyers can help get a bond written when the accused doesn't have luck. If he's a flight risk, then it may take offering some type of concession or guarantee that he will not leave the state until the case concludes, etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He's a flight risk. He ran from Illinois and didn't go to court.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was a misdemeanor charge
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Ok. If it's a misdemeanor charge, he should be able to get a bond if he puts up a larger bond, cash only, etc. An attorney may even be able to get the court to give him a better bond to make the risk on all concerned less.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the charge in illinois was. He has a felony here. He was caught with a little meth, marijuana under 20 grams, revoked license knowingly for the 2nd time, paraphanela, and resist arrest without violence
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thanks. His best bet to get a bond and to find a bondsman to write one is to have a lawyer negotiate a deal with the court and bondsman.