How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 116707
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Outstate transfer. Aplys to everything .parole agent mistreats.state

Customer Question

Outstate transfer. Aplys to everything .parole agent mistreats.state Washington accepted him PA1..refuses to do the transfer .
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
So he is in PA and even though WA accepted him, PA is not completing the transfer or is refusing to do the transfer? Have they given a reason or are they just sitting on it and doing nothing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay my son was released from prison Oct 2015 charges I lewd of child level 1 he did a plead .we have paid retution in full they did a transfer in dec2016 it was denied. Cause of resident was a 0.3 miles from son is a resident of Washington..we were told if u can find a new residents for him .make sure no schools /parks /daycare .will he will be leaving with family
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your additional information.
The issue is that the transfer to WA is not mandatory for PA to comply with. PA has the option to comply. The process is two steps. First, WA has to agree to accept him, you said that has now occurred. The second step must also occur, PA has to agree to release him from their jurisdiction. If the probation office will not cooperate and release him to WA, there is only one remaining option, which would be to file a motion to transfer probation in the court where he was sentenced and serve the probation office and DA and then they have to appear in court to justify their reasons for not transferring the probation to WA when WA has accepted him. Only the judge can make this happen if probation will not agree.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When we first call pa1 give him the new address.he flip out w/my husband refuse to take the information for the transfer ..and told my husband your son needs to do time .my husband told him he did do his time...then calls my son tells him tell your parents to stop calling me.or else they are going to f#!#& up for u.and tell your mom talking to the p/o in I been searching. For answers .I was told to call my son defense attorney..which I did .never reply back....I been leaving mess .w/his supervisor .at the time it was Mr.wheeler.well long story short.Mr.wheeler is no longer in that department .been out since Dec.2015 .somehow I did get hold if Mr wheeler.and he gave me pa1 new supervisor # ***** I called him telling him. he took my information and was going talk to pa1 .well he did ..pa2 called me back .saying Mr.brar wasnt going to do the transfer because my son had a valuation. No true .he goes to his class pass ua goes to resiger with the police station .chargers his monitor. Had it on since October. Looks for work. .pa2 told me .that not working .itsnot a valuation. I call my son ,explaining .told me mom .I have no clue what the hell he talking about .when pa1 goes sees my son tells him that he was tired of this s#! Tells my son that the transfer was denied .Washington didn't accept him .then tells my son that he was going to give the case to a other p/agent and they can do the paper work ....ok. Tells him it was denied when tells him was going to give the case to a other p/0for they can do the paper work...never mentioned about any valuation. ...which they isn't !!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And was upset cause I called his supervisor......i was told that the sounds of it he want my son to valated his son did 7years never once got in trouble .in prison .I my lord is good I know my son didn't valated anything out here he wants to come home ..doesn't want to go to prison
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
California county if stantalaus is so crookit .they great the parolee like animals.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
This is common conduct of probation and parole, they have been given immense power over probationer/parolee and as such many of them abuse it. However, it is not illegal for them to refuse to do the transfer. It also helps if the probation/parole department agrees with the transfer, but the final word when they will not is the judge.
I think if you are having this issue, your next step is filing a motion in court to get the court to order it to be done.