How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Traffic Question: how can I get an extension traffic

Customer Question

Traffic Question: how can I get an extension for a traffic ticket when the offense was out of the city where I can go AND I can't find the ticket?? (I was driving from LA to Lake Tahoe California
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.If you do not have the ticket and do not know where you are to appear in court, then I suggest you can click onto this LINK and run your name is ***** ***** court database and see if you can come up with information on the ticket. Then you will want to contact the clerk of the court and get instructions for sending a written request for a continuance.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Other than that, you would need to ascertain what county you were in and then contact the traffic court clerk in that county to get a copy of your ticket. The process for requesting a continuance is to make a written request. But do not assume just because you make the request it has been granted. You will need to check back with the clerk to see if the judge has allowed it.