How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Mname is ***** ***** I have a felony case pending to selling cosmetic

Customer Question

Mname is ***** ***** I have a felony case pending to selling cosmetic contact lenses. The state attooney wants two years probation if that happens in July will I be able to travel to Cancda end of July
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was on PTI and I violated it by shoplifting stupid me
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Criminal Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.Generally, if you are on supervised probation you would need to get permission from your PO to travel out of state and/or the country. I suggest that you can have your attorney talk to the DA and discuss your pre planned/paid trip and request you be allowed to travel and that the information on the travel be made part of your probation as allowable.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
However, keep in mind that Canada is very strict with allowing persons with records entrance. So you also need to contend with the laws of Canada in that record. Generally, one needs to be crime free for 5 years and have a certificate or rehabilitation in order to gain entrance into Canada.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
*in that REGARD - not "record". Thanks
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know ​if you need more information or have other questions in this regard. Otherwise, a positive rating will ensure I get credit for my time and information. Thank you.

Related Criminal Law Questions