How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3169
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughters mother served a year in work release with

Customer Question

Hi, my daughters mother served a year in work release with 2 year probation for aggregate assault and child cruelty. She's been out for 8 months and she still angry regarding the situation. She only have supervised visitation while she's not happy about and haven't seen our child in 9 months. I sent her a copy out a quitclaim deed to have her name remove from the property, she's not on the loan. I just added her to the deed. I was right in the middle of refinance the home when I was told either she will need to fill out an application or be removed from the property. Also she haven't file taxes in 4 years an soon a Tax lien would be placed on the property. I mailed her the document to sign a month ago, but never hear anything back. I called and emailed asking if she was going to send it back before they close my file. I explained to the mortgage company and explain that I was getting anywhere. The rep stated if she not interested in the property just sign it an get it filed so we can finish up your case. I did just that, however; I felt some type of way so I didn't send the mortgage company the new deed. 3 days later my daughters mother sent her signed documents in the mail along with an order stating I'm in competent of court for not letting her see out child. Not true!!! I have lawyer for that but my question is can I fix the deed issue. No she don't know and probably don't care, but it's eating me in side. WHAT should I do? Please help me with this
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney whowill try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone whocan. There may be a slight delay in myresponses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question..Did you actually file the quitclaim deed with the land records office after signing wife's name?..Did you have a power of attorney for wife?.Is there any equity in the property?..thanksBarrister