How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal-Kal Your Own Question
Legal-Kal, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 584
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Khaled Issa
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Legal-Kal is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was convicted of a felony in 2000 I did my probation and

Customer Question

I was convicted of a felony in 2000 I did my probation and paid my fines they said I was eligible for act 346 in Arkansas. My question is how do I go about getting my records sealed?
JA: My brothers got into lots of trouble with the law when they were young. The Criminal Lawyer will know how to get you the best outcome. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: what else do you need?
JA: Anything else I can tell the Criminal Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: arrested for pot no guns involved no violence I did my probation and paid my fines been in no trouble since then arrested in 1996 convicted in 2000
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon: My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question. In order to seal a matter, an individual must file a Petition to Seal in the same county and courthouse that the underlying criminal matter was heard. Essentially, you would have to appear before the same judge that handled the criminal case. The ACIC provides actual forms that you may use for your Petition. Courts require that the Petition and a copy of the Order be filed. Once this is filled out, you would take it to the Clerk's Office in the courthouse in which the criminal matter was heard. You would file it with the Clerk and the Clerk will give you a courtdate. You will also be required to give a copy of the Petition to both the prosecutor's office and the agency that arrested you. Here is a link to the ACIC forms: You would have to scroll down to the portion that provides the Petition and Order for your 346 sealing/expungement. Any questions based on this? If so, please ask and I would be happy to assist further. If not, please remember that experts here are not employees of JustAnswer and do not get credited for assisting customers until the customer clicks ACCEPT and rates the assistance provided. Your cooperation in this regard would be appreciated! ***General information provided here is for educational and informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice, nor should it be relied upon as such. It is always wise to consult with an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction as they would be in the position to best assist you***
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.
I see you have read my last response. A reminder, if you have any questions based on what was provided, please ask and I'd be happy to answer. If not, please remember that experts rely on the customers' rating in order to be credited for assisting.

Related Criminal Law Questions