Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  Former administrative hearing officer
17897874

Two questions.If a family member gave funds of approx.

Customer Question

Two questions.
If a family member gave funds of approx. 1,500 during hardship, but without any contractual arrangement, would there be any legal exposure to non repayment?
Two.
If a family member gave support, their verbal authorization, and passing along Ll credit card information for the explicit purpose of securing transportation, .I.e.uber, but then after the fact of multiple CC charges accruing, would there be any legal exposure?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Good evening. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
In either case did the relative indicate it was meant as a gift?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, besides ~600 of it. The rest was a gift. Then tough part is the family member waffled, and statement of gift were stated verbally via phone.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the additional information.If it was given as a gift at the time then that is how it stays. It does not transform to a loan just because the donor changes their mind down the road.You would have no liability.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.