Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Zoey, this is to my earlier question about

Customer Question
Zoey, this is a follow...
Zoey, this is a follow up to my earlier question about expungements.I am a non-attorney document preparer who assists people navigate the courts! In 1999-2000, my subject we discussed earlier, to summarize, was arrested and bound over from District Court to Circuit Court on a 6 count indictment. He plead GUILTY to CDS - Unlawful Possession and all of the other charges were "closed - jeopardy or other conviction"!He was given a 4 year suspended sentence, accepting 3 years supervised probation which he completed w/o incident or violation in 2003.The subject has been infraction free from 2003 to present. Now, he wishes to expunge his record.Here's the problem, the charge that he pled Guilty on was a misdemeanor which could be expunged, but because he was heard in Circuit Court I am unable to find a form that will expunge this single verdict w/o going through the rigors of a Gubernatorial Pardon - that is ludicrous.The Parole & Probation believes this is a misdemeanor but I cannot find the proper Maryland Form to accomplish submitting this for expungement.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
4/13/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 1 year ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Hello, The only suggestion I would have in this area would be to ask the clerk of the Circuit Court if he has such a form or one that you could use as a template. I will opt out in case someone else has other ideas.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you! I will see what the new lawyer suggests! Thanks for your help!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks you!
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD