How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 26800
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Zoey, this is to my earlier question about

Customer Question

Zoey, this is a follow up to my earlier question about expungements.I am a non-attorney document preparer who assists people navigate the courts! In 1999-2000, my subject we discussed earlier, to summarize, was arrested and bound over from District Court to Circuit Court on a 6 count indictment. He plead GUILTY to CDS - Unlawful Possession and all of the other charges were "closed - jeopardy or other conviction"!He was given a 4 year suspended sentence, accepting 3 years supervised probation which he completed w/o incident or violation in 2003.The subject has been infraction free from 2003 to present. Now, he wishes to expunge his record.Here's the problem, the charge that he pled Guilty on was a misdemeanor which could be expunged, but because he was heard in Circuit Court I am unable to find a form that will expunge this single verdict w/o going through the rigors of a Gubernatorial Pardon - that is ludicrous.The Parole & Probation believes this is a misdemeanor but I cannot find the proper Maryland Form to accomplish submitting this for expungement.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, The only suggestion I would have in this area would be to ask the clerk of the Circuit Court if he has such a form or one that you could use as a template. I will opt out in case someone else has other ideas.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! I will see what the new lawyer suggests! Thanks for your help!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks you!