How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27066
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I requested an answer from a criminal attorney and got a

Customer Question

I requested an answer from a criminal attorney and got a real estate idiot asking me what type of warrant did I have. I have a warrant number CIT 2JM025**** issued by the Walnut sheriffs department CA.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Warrants are always bad news situations, and the only way to get out from under one is for you to come into court, get the warrant vacated and deal with your case. If you do nothing at all, the warrant will remain out there. There is no outrunning a warrant or outwaiting one. It won't expire until you do, unless it's tended to first. What do you know about this warrant? Most times, without you, a lawyer can try to pave the way for your safe return by talking to the prosecutor and planning some resolution for your case when you show up. If you're not aware of what this warrant is for, it's best to let a lawyer check into it to let you know what you're walking into.

Related Criminal Law Questions