How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 16627
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a friend who was arrested in Colorado Texas

Customer Question

I have a friend who was arrested in Colorado for a Texas parole violation. How long will Colorado hold for extradition if Texas does not pick him up
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.Generally, another state will detain someone on an out of state parole violation for up to 30 days, but in some cases if request is made by the state that has issued the warrant, the violator might be held longer.If Colorado holds the out of state violator for more than 30 days, then a local criminal defense attorney can be hired to represent the violator and this attorney can fild a Habeas Corpus motion with the court.I wish you the best of luck!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Thanks for your reply. I know Texas will hold for only 10 days. Looking for info related directly to Colorado. Thanks!
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.Thank you.

Related Criminal Law Questions