How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My fience is incarcerated and im needing a

Customer Question

***** ***** .... my fience is incarcerated and im needing a writ of habeus corpus i think to get his parole hold lifted????
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: he was arrested 2-29 and they saw him on 3/30 for his paole hearing to extend it he mentioned that they only have 30 days to doi szoo??? im trying to find a lawyer to help me get his parole hold lifted
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Criminal Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your specific question for us about this matter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would this situation qualify for the hold to be lifted so then hes able to bond out recent charges
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
If there is a parole hold on him being released, that would not yet qualify for him being released. His attorney can file in court to vacate the parole hold, which has to be done first and then he could seek to file a petition for habeas relief for him being held contrary to the law. He has to take steps first though of filing in the state court to release the parole hold and then he can seek a habeas release if he is being held contrary to the law.