Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I have a stolen gun that was returned, have bagged it. Have

Customer Question
I have a stolen gun...
I have a stolen gun that was returned, have bagged it. Have a glass with fingerprints, need to know if it is a match. Maryville, Tn
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
4/11/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 1 year ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Hello DianeThis is Samuel and I would like to discuss this and provide you information in this regard.However, I am not sure what you are seeking.What do you mean "returned"? How do you know it was stolen? What are the circumstances surrounding this situation, briefly please? And what information can I provide for you?
Criminal Lawyer: Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer
I hope this message finds you well. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of experience handling matters of a similar nature. It is a pleasure to assist you today. Interesting question. The best way to find if there is a match between the gun and the glass would be to use the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. They have the necessary equipment and expertise to tell you whether or not there is a match. The problem is getting them to conduct the investigation in the first place. Short of that, your local sheriff's office can also "dusk" the prints and send them off for a match at the state crime lab as well. There are private entities that can do this for a fee as well...see here: https://www.icsworld.com/Private_Investigation_Services/Forensics_Services/Fingerprint_Lifting.aspx Let me know if you have any other questions. Please also rate my answer positively! Thanks
Just checking to see if you have any additional questions. My goal is for you to leave here confident in your position moving forward. Thanks
Just checking in on you. I hope all is well.
Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer