How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a Victim of Domestic Violence, The defendant was my-ex

Customer Question

I am a Victim of Domestic Violence, The defendant was my-ex boyfriend He has criminal charges two felonies and one misdemeanor current on house arrest and ankle monitor, he and his private attorney have gone out of their way to defamate me , create false accusation in police report, The defendant cannot cause me physical damage so he is doing everything possible to cause me harm, which each allegation I have to defend myself against his lies, which I concrete prove against his false statements along with his lies, I have written a letter to the The Judge stating and giving her evidence against his lies and slander, I am pleading for the Judges help, What else can I do to stop this malicious man? I just became aware that his attorney filed a motion which states is for R ?
What does that Mean ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, a party is allowed to put on a defense. If they use false information and lies to defame the victim, then upon the state attorney proving that in court, you could seek to sue the defendant for infliction of emotional distress and abuse of process. Until you get this case through the criminal court, you have to allow the malicious individual their right to pose their alleged defenses. However, AFTER you prove him a liar in court, you have grounds to sue him for the emotional distress and from his malicious.
The attorney filed for "R" means the motion is ready for a hearing.

Related Criminal Law Questions