P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
11181181

I have never been cotacted about or charged with a crime by

Customer Question

I have never been cotacted about or charged with a crime by law enforcement agencies to
my knowledge. However, I have been told by friends that they learned I am considered a felon without notifying me. I suspect this is based on a person's observation as she was walking by our house from the street and claiming to see immoral behavior through a window with curtains.
This must have happened around 65 years ago. I remember a woman knocking on the window and disappearing. I immediately ran outside but she had disappeared or was hiding. I did not learn of what she told authorities and still do not have a direct statement, only rumors from friends. No mention of this was made or known by me until about 20 years later. It becomes very detailed as to how I learned about the accusation.
Without going into further detail which I am willing to relate, my question is: How can I learn of the accusation as told to law agencies? What are my options to challenge the accusation, if any? Is this the only accusation that according to rumors, I'm considered a felon? Why now rather than time of occurance to accuse me and say I am a felon?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. I am here to help
Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Who is the person who made this claim?