How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27134
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I know fact that someone has filed a false police report.

Customer Question

I know for a fact that someone has filed a false police report. My friends ex girlfriend filed charges of kidnapping and assault with a deadly weapon. I know he couldn't have committed this crime because I can personally account for almost every minute of his time and activities during the time she said the incident happened. I have at least 6 other people who can also account for his activities during this time. I will even take a lie detector test.
JA: OK. The Criminal Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Criminal Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: He is in a recovery program. He was involved in meetings and out patient treatment during the time of accused as well. There are many witnesses
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello In what US state? What is your question?
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, You want to convey this information to your friend's lawyer and give him the name of the other witnesses that can substantiate that your friend could not have committed the crime of which he's charged. The lawyer can speak to you and these witnesses and then use the information to try to get the charges against your boyfriend dismissed. It is not wise to try to help him yourself by going to the prosecutor. Friends and families often lie to protect their loved ones and you may end up doing more harm than good if the alibi you think you have is not 100% airtight. Then not only will you have changed nothing, but you will have given away your friend's trial defense to the other side. Your information is very good, but let the defense lawyer be the judge of when to best put that information out there. I don't know whether this touches on what you wanted to know since you neither asked an actual question nor responded to my inquiry. So if you need clarification or additional information, please reply here on this question thread and I will expand my answer.