How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3164
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have left an abusive relationship back in December, when

Customer Question

I have left an abusive relationship back in December, when he ran my car off the road to try to stop me From calling police after our agreement. Well I was able to make it fine through the protection from abuse case which I was granted the PFA. And I was moving on with my life with my daughter and it was just great. Well know he has his criminal case next week and he subpeaned me to testify as well hand over my cellphone as evidence, my cellphone is my private property that has nothing to do with his cAse, how is this allowed? It's his way of still manipulating and harassing me. What should I do I don't have a lawyer As this was his criminal case state against him
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Were you the victim in this case? And you were subpoenaed by the defense? How were you served with the subpoena?

Related Criminal Law Questions