Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My fiancé is being charged with a 1551; he is also mentally

Customer Question

my fiancé is being charged with a 1551; he is also mentally unstable. His charge is from Nevada. I think his son may be the one who they are confusing him with because he has the same name
JA: The Criminal Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: what else would you like to know
JA: OK. The Criminal Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Criminal Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

Is he presently being held for extradition in California? Which state wants him? Is he in jail or out on bail? Has he waived extradition and agreed to be brought back to stand charges, or does he want to contest extradition on the basis that he is not the right person wanted in the other state?