Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

My son is on parole and got pulled over and had drugs on m -

Customer Question
My son is on parole...
My son is on parole and got pulled over and had drugs on him - what will happen to him? He's been out of parole for a year with no problems except for a failed UA a few months ago. Will they send him back to prison or put him in an intense rehabilitation environment. He is a non-violent offender as well
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/28/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What do you mean "what will happen to him? If this is his first offense of a parole violation, he is likely to go back to jail for the parole violation if he is convicted of this new case. How long he goes back to jail depends on the parole board, but generally, it is for a minimum of 30-60 days and then the parole board will consider sending him back out on intense probation. It also depends on the quantity of the drugs and what happens with the charges for the possession case. If he is convicted on the new case, then he is likely to go to jail on that charge and his parole violation would run the same time as his other charges.
At this point, you need to get him an attorney if you have not done so already.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you - I appreciate your quick response.
Thank you for your reply.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer