How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 118255
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was convicted of attempted aggervated abuse of a child, i

Customer Question

i was convicted of attempted aggervated sexual abuse of a child, i want to know how to get off parole
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Please tell us more information. How long have you got left on parole? You know you will have to register as a sex offender?
What is the specific good cause for why parole should be terminated early? It is going to be near impossible in aggravated sexual abuse cases, even an attempted one and you need to realize that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been on parole for over two years, I have complied with all my rules, they have put me on a life top, and refuse to give me an end of my parole, 2nd degree felonies of the same conviction can get off early if they pay
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was convicted on hear say no proof, just forced me into a plea deal, it said she touched me once in 1996 and once in 1999, I did six years, destroyed my life, I have a new life and I didn't do what they said I did, I was forced into a lesser of two evils, utah system is very broken
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately, while you were forced into a plea and I agree with you the system is unfair, sex offenses are not like other felonies I am afraid. The laws (and the legislature) treat them differently, especially because of the lifetime registration. At 2 years into parole, this would be way too soon to file a motion for post conviction relief and ask the court to reconsider your plea and sentence based on your compliance with all terms. The courts would not even entertain your motion until you have done a minimum of 10 years. Yes, the system seems harsher on sex offenders than murders, but the court and laws seek to protect people from sexual abuse and that is why it is so harsh (which I am sure you realize as well).
Until you have at least 10 years of parole without any violations, they will not even consider a motion for post conviction relief for termination of your parole I am afraid.