How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 118723
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was charged of under 50 grams of CDS (marijuana) in a

Customer Question

I was charged for possession of under 50 grams of CDS (marijuana) in a motor vehicle. I was wondering if someone who was in the car were to claim it as theirs should I plead not guilty?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If another person who was in the car is admitting it was their marijuana, you should NOT plead guilty. You should plead not guilty and if the other person is admitting to the marijuana being their marijuana the court would either find you not guilty or the DA will dismiss the charges against you, since someone else already admitted to possession.