Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Just found out that daughter is living with and wants to

Customer Question
marry a man that is...
just found out that daughter is living with and wants to marry a man that is a fugitive from another state arrested for aggravated assault. Aside from all the personal issues, what are the legal obligations and issues she may confront. This criminal arrest about 10 yrs ago.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: like what
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Criminal Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
any liability for not turning him in
3/22/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 1 year ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

In what state is she living with him?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
pa

Sorry for the delay but I turned off my computer for the night right before your reply came through.

While your daughter is not required to turn in her boyfriend if she knows there is a warrant from another state out there and she takes affirmative steps to harbor and hide him shc can be charged criminally for obstructing justice, for aiding an abetting a fugitive, or as an accessory after the fact. This can be a potentially serious crime for her, depending upon what he's wanted for.

If he has a misdemeanor warrant, for example, the DA may not be interested in prosecuting her. If on the other hand, he has a serious violent felony, she could face years in prison as an accessory after the fact..

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD