Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I was arrested with other people they pleaded guilty to all

Customer Question

I was arrested with other people they pleaded guilty to all things considered illegal nothing was mine what should I do
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

You don't have to plead guilty just because the others did you can get a lawyer and fight the case.

What are you charged with? Have you appeared in court yet?

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

It's possible that you were just at the wrong place at the wrong time, and in any case, if you wanted to fight the case, all the way to trial, a jury would learn that others had been convicted for the crime, but that you pled not guilty because that's what you are.

Are you represented by counsel and have you seen any of the discovery with regard to your case? Please reply here on this question thread so that I can finish my answer.