How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 118201
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Funds and property are in dispute with possible tax

Customer Question

Funds and property are in dispute with possible tax liability and an emergency suit and injunction are needed to prevent the other party from transfering disputed assets. How do I see a judge immediately to freeze disputed accounts and prevent transfers of disputed property?
JA: My brothers got into lots of trouble with the law when they were young. The Criminal Lawyer will know how to get you the best outcome. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes, but I have not consulted with a criminal lawyer about this specifically.
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: I have not yet heard back. How do I see a judge immediately?
JA: Is there anything else the Criminal Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: The other party was involved with these assetts in a criminal case in which they were convicted of fraud against the us gov.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
When you file your suit, it is a regular petition or complaint that starts any suit that is filed. Together with the petition, you file a motion for emergency temporary injunction, which would explain why the injunction on transferring the assets is necessary and if the judge approves that, then the order of injunction freezing the account is served on the bank.
So you have to file not only a suit, but you need to file a motion for temporary injunction with the court and explain why there would be irreparable harm if it is not granted and also your likelihood of success on the merits of your claim.