How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 26812
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just found out that I have been being watched on camera

Customer Question

I just found out that I have been being watched on camera for three months maybe more. A man came into my apartment and planted real tiny that you can nearly see .he is watching my every move and can even hear my stomach growl I am typing this in the closet and he can still see me. He has taken nude pictures of my whole family in the bathroom and me in the shower.He also took pictures of my underage niece on the toilet and he even can back and stole a pair of my pants for dna. I can not do anything with out him seeing me.He is also threating to put pictures on the Internet of me and my family in the bathroom using it.I am being staked He is in the next door apartment with a group of people I can hear them talking. Every room I go in he sees me even in this closet he can see me. What can I do.He thinks he can do anything he wants. I have talked to him through the wall I just heard someone at the door putting a whiping my door handle for Dna they are obsessed with getting it. What can I do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.


You need to go to the police and report the offense to them. With evidence tht this is happening to you, they will make an arrest. There is no other way to stop activities such as this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a group of them in the next apartment watching me on video. They are making comments about everything. They have record my every move. I am being stalked by them.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

I understand that. This is a crimnal offense, so the way to stop it is to report it as a crime, tell the police you need a protective order and that you want your neighbors prosecuted for the various things that they are putting you through. Bring with you whatever evidence you have of their stalking so that they can see for themselves that this is happenng.

If you don't have evidence to back up your claims, you may want to wait until you do before reporting it. Evidence can be pictures you take with your mobile phone, for example, texts or emails they send you, recordings they leave on your answering machine. If you have none of that, you can hire a private investigator to find evidence of illegal surveillance. All of that will help build a case against your neighbors for stalking.

Related Criminal Law Questions