How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3169
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had my car stolen by my daughter in law and the Miami

Customer Question

I had my car stolen by my daughter in law and the Miami Beach Police refused to file a stolen auto report. I have the facts and was forced to roam the streets and parking lots of Miami Beach for my auto. I recovered it a week later. I want to prosecute the individual, and the police for failing to file a stolen auto report.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Did your daughter live with you at the time she took the vehicle?

2. Where did she get the keys to the vehicle---or did she hot-wire it?

3. You say you want to prosecute the individual---do you mean your daughter? By prosecute do you mean a criminal proceeding?