Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Maybe you can help me. I am 29 year old male height 5'6

Customer Question
Maybe you can help me. I...
Maybe you can help me.
I am 29 year old male height 5'6 weight 195. I was pulled over by the police and they gave me a breath a lizer test. I had two wine coolers before I left work and my reading came back .16. So they arrested me and took me down to the station 3 hours later they did another breathilzer test on me and it came back the same. I was charged with
VTL 1192.2 02 UNCLASSIFIED MISDEMEANOR 1 COUNT ARREST CHARGE ARRAIGNMENT CHARGE
DESCREIPTION: OPER MV. OF 1% ALCOHOL-1STVTL 1192.3 03 UNCLASSIFIED MISDEMEANOR, 1 COUNT, ARREST CHARGE, ARRAIGNMENT CHARGE.
DESCRIPTION: OP MV WHILE INTOXICATED 1VTL1180.A INFRACTION 1 COUNT , NOT AN ARREST CHARGE, ARRAIGNMENT CHARGE
DESCRIPTION: SPEED VIOL: IMPRUDENT SPEEDQUESTION: HOW SERIOUS IS THIS? DO I NEED A LAWYER? CAN I GET ALL THESE CHARGES DROP. HOW WILL THEY HANDLE THIS? THIS IS MY FIRST OFFENSE. I LIVE IN QUEENS NEW YORK.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/13/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Lawyer

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. I'll be happy to help you. It does appear that you blew something much higher then could be anticipated from two wine coolers - however you did blow double the legal limits and that is serious. I would absolutely suggest that an attorney would be a good idea under the circumstances. In addition, there appeared to be numerous charges, so the likelihood of getting them drop completely without an attorney are not high. someone who can help you to navigate the system and go to court with you would be advantageous – in part because they may be able to have the charges reduced. Please let me know if you need any clarification or you have an additional questions. I would be very happy to continue to help. If you are satisfied with my assistance I would appreciate it if you would take a moment now to submit a positive rating. We only get credit for assisting you if you are satisfied and also submit a rating. I would be most happy to continue clarifying anything that is unclear even after you submit a rating so don't feel like this will end our conversation.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They also suspended my license court date in a month

Yes, I did suspect they would do that. It's because the breathalyzer showed such a high result. Do you need any guidance with respect to how to go about finding an attorney. I can help you with that as well… I know it wasn't part of the original question.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
One more question please what would be the worse scenero

The worst scenario would be jail time. The best case scenario I would be an educational type program and probation. You significantly increase the likelihood that you will be on the probation end of the spectrum if you retain an attorney specializing in this. Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be happy to help. Otherwise, I would appreciate if you would take a moment to submit a positive rating because that is the only way we receive credit for helping you with your questions.

It was a pleasure working with you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Intake medication called Zoloft can that give me such a high reading

Breathalyzer only tests for alcohol. They would need to do a blood test in order to ascertain levels of Zoloft. (Although this is not medical advice I am also an M.D.) hope that clarifies things a little bit. If you have additional questions in the future, and you would like to reach out directly to me all you have to do is put my first name in the first line of your request and I'll be most happy to help you.

Best of luck to you! Please reach out if you need anything else or if you need clarification of anything I've assisted you with.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE REMEMBER TO SUBMIT *RATING* AT CONCLUSION OF DISCUSSION SO EXPERT RECEIVES CREDIT FOR TIME SPENT ASSISTING YOU WITH YOUR CASE.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Lawyer