How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 117438
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I was arrested and sentenced and then released on appeal

Customer Question

If I was arrested and sentenced and then released on appeal bond and then I won my appeal then the state appeals and wins what are my options can I still appeal again
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the state won a reversal of your appeal, then the only thing you can do is try to get your attorney to argue that because at least the appeals court found in your favor once, you should be entitled to a new trial and try to get to trial and prove your innocence. Other than that your attorney can fight for a suspended sentence, meaning you stay on probation and no jail or push for house arrest based on your health. Other than that there is nothing more you can do if the Supreme Court reversed your appeals court win, because that means the original sentence is back as a valid sentence.

Related Criminal Law Questions