Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I have a 16 years old son, who has been in trouble s not

Customer Question
Hi I have a 16...
Hi I have a 16 years old son, who has been in trouble his not listening to our any authority....his using drugs became violent and his in probation and I want him to get help to go to a rehab but everything is volunteer, I have court on Monday for valeted his probation, but I cant have him in my house because I'm scare of him I don't want to give him to DCF I just want him to get help ....do you think the judge will force him to go to a treatment center for drug abuse or send him to DJJ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/13/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Christopher B, Esq.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

This will depend on the crime he was charged with in which he violated his probation. Also it will depend on his criminal history, the Judge is more likely to get mandatory drug treatment for a non violent offense and for an offender that does not have offense after offense. If he has an attorney, a deal could probably be reached to make this happen and the court give your son a chance to change his ways. It would help if your son agreed to this as well and threw himself tok the mercy of the court so to speak. If he is on probation for assault or other violent crimes it is less likely, for possession probably more likely but it depends on the DA and the Judge.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?

Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer