How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am wondering what will happen to my probation once I am

Customer Question

I am wondering what will happen to my probation once I am deported to Canada. Will it still be enforceable? Will it be transferred to Canadian authorities?
JA: OK. The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: They don't know as they are not immigration lawyers
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Ok
JA: Is there anything else the Immigration Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: 270 days in county jail and 5yrs probation for aggravated felony in California. When I get deported after jail what happens to the probation condition?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

You are still going to be subject to parole in California (still have an obligation to report to your CA parole officer).

Violations of parole usually only create problems if you actually return to the US (CA).

This article here: discusses the matter in more detail (along with citations to the appropriate sections of the CA penal code).