Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

My son is a drug addict and is currently living with me. he

Customer Question
already is a 5 time...
my son is a drug addict and is currently living with me. he already is a 5 time felon. I know he is currently doing drugs again, and avoids going to his bonds people, then they give him second chances over and over again. then they call me and ask what is going on with him. so I am trying to work my fulltime job and take care of him. anyway, can I get a lawyer to make him go to treatment with a court order? against his will? he will not go to treatment on his own. I really need him to get out of my house. I do have lots of other questions but don't know if I can ask them all in one of these, or need to keep asking individual questions to you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/12/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 1 year ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

Unfortunately, even if you pay for his lawyer, and even if a program is in his best interest, he is the client and not you. I will not be able to close him into a treatment program, and the courts are not designed to do that either . If he violates the conditions of his release, then he can be put in jail or prison and get in-house treatment.

I know that is not what you want to hear , But that is how the criminal justice system works.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD