How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27745
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband is in prison and has been beaten and lost 2 front

Customer Question

my husband is in prison and has been beaten and lost 2 front teeth and racial issues how can i go about getting him help? i live in albany ny and have contacted everyone withno results
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.


Have you contacted his lawyer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No dont know.where to.begin at this point his safety is my concern
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.


Sorry for the delay but I had turned off my computer for the night by the time that you replied to my inquiry.

You begin by contacting the lawyer who represented him on the case for which he is presently incarcerated. There is nothing you're going to be able to accomplish by yourself, as it appears you have already learned. His lawyer can have him produced before his sentencing judge. The judge can order that he gets medical attention and get him into protective custody if your husband wishes to be out of harm's way. There may be more that he can do as well depending upon what he learns from his client when he sees and talks to him, but the immediate situation can be addressed and remedied fairly quickly.