How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 31770
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is in Fairfax County Adult Detention Center in

Customer Question

My son is in Fairfax County Adult Detention Center in Fairfax, Va. His grandmother has been diagnosed with Brain Cancer the Drs. give her 2 to 3 months to live. All she is wants is to have him home for her last days. She has been part of his life since he was born. He put in for a medical furlough to be home with her. He had a hearing last Friday the D.A. argued against it because we live in the state of Maryland if he did not come back it would cost them a lot of money to bring him back. So the judge denied it. How can I go about guarantee them he will return when he suppose . So I can give my dyeing mother her last wish. Linda Vencill
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

This is a difficult thing since you're crossing state lines.....but you could offer a bond to be issued and returnable within a certain time......that's would give the court some assurance that if he didn't come back, the bonding company would make sure that he returns. That's really all you could offer to give the authorities some assurances, but whether or not the DA and judge would agree is uncertain.