How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27118
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son has a cancerous brain tumor and seizures. He was

Customer Question

My son has a cancerous brain tumor and seizures. He was arrested two days ago for delivery of controlled substance greater than 4 grams less than two hundred. Bond is 25000 .They won't let him have his Ativan so he is going through withdrawals. I am looking for a job and can't bail him out until I find one in case he jumps bail because he's been given less than a year to live. Is there anything I can do as he will also be missing Dr appointments
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.


You need to get him a lawyer who can get him before the judge and the judge order medical treatment. Under the eighth amendment to the constitution he cannot be denied life saving medical treatment. That would be considered cruel and unusual punishment to deny him his medication. It would be a civil rights violation.