Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I sued my ex-husband complying with the terms of our

Customer Question

I sued my ex-husband for not complying with the terms of our Equitable Distribution Agreement. During the course of the proceedings he filed a false affidavit to obtain a DVPO. I had proof that the had lied. The DVP0 and the ED hearing were joined in one hearing. Before we went into the court, my attorney told him he did not want to present the evidence of the falsified DVPO because it would distract from the ED hearings and make us look like redneck trailer trash. I was completely shocked. He even said that if I did not take his advice he would resign right then and there.
I was literally crying outside the courtroom. He more or less forced me to sign a hand written agreement to settle the DVPO. The DVPO said I could not contact him (although we shared a business together) and when I did contact him, he filed another complaint. My attorney told me not to worry about it unless I was served. I was never served. I then found out a year later that there was an arrest warrant out for me and I had to go turn myself in. The case was dismissed because my ex-husband failed to show up. The attorney defending me in this case said that perjury was perjury and a DA may prosecute the case. How do I go about prosecuting the case. Talk to the DA? File something with the court?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.

Hello there --

-

Can I ask you who filed the false affidavit? Your ex husband ? or the attorney? Can you just clarify this point please?

-

MARY

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry I did not think the transaction went through. I said "he" meaning my ex-husband.