How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3151
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I sued my ex-husband complying with the terms of our

Customer Question

I sued my ex-husband for not complying with the terms of our Equitable Distribution Agreement. During the course of the proceedings he filed a false affidavit to obtain a DVPO. I had proof that the had lied. The DVP0 and the ED hearing were joined in one hearing. Before we went into the court, my attorney told him he did not want to present the evidence of the falsified DVPO because it would distract from the ED hearings and make us look like redneck trailer trash. I was completely shocked. He even said that if I did not take his advice he would resign right then and there.
I was literally crying outside the courtroom. He more or less forced me to sign a hand written agreement to settle the DVPO. The DVPO said I could not contact him (although we shared a business together) and when I did contact him, he filed another complaint. My attorney told me not to worry about it unless I was served. I was never served. I then found out a year later that there was an arrest warrant out for me and I had to go turn myself in. The case was dismissed because my ex-husband failed to show up. The attorney defending me in this case said that perjury was perjury and a DA may prosecute the case. How do I go about prosecuting the case. Talk to the DA? File something with the court?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.

Hello there --


Can I ask you who filed the false affidavit? Your ex husband ? or the attorney? Can you just clarify this point please?



Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry I did not think the transaction went through. I said "he" meaning my ex-husband.