How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 26819
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My house got raided i was not here and no one knows what was

Customer Question

my house got raided i was not here and no one knows what was in the bag they removed from my home
JA: The Criminal Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Criminal Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: what do you need to know exactly
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Criminal Lawyer should know?
Customer: i just dont know what to do next they gave my son a number to call but my house was so torn up he was not able to write it down
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.


I'm sorry to hear about this. It's actually good that your son did not get to write down the number because if you're the suspect of a crime and the subject of a search, the last people you should call are the police to learn about what's going on. They can take the opportunity to interrogate you, and you could wind up not only charged with a crime but having made statements which can be used against you.

It's best that you contact a local criminal lawyer and let him or her reach out to find out what's going on. That will also keep the police from being able to interrogate you. Take some pictures of the damage that was caused as well. There might be a civil case here depending upon what your lawyer learns.

If you cannot afford a lawyer, you can contact the public defender's office and see if they are willing to call the police and find out what they were looking for, what they confiscated, and whether you're going to be charged with a crime.

Related Criminal Law Questions