How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 26760
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

False report, No, I got home about 8:30 or 9 and went to

Customer Question

False report
JA: The Criminal Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Criminal Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I got home about 8:30 or 9 and went to sleep my girlfriend woke me up about 12:30 and my car was gone i filled a stolen car report and went to sleep i woke up in the morning To take the trash out and my car was in the alley wrecked so i called them to let them know i found it they came dis a report and left called me back and said he was filling a warrant for my arrest
JA: My brothers got into lots of trouble with the law when they were young. The Criminal Lawyer will know how to get you the best outcome. Is there anything else the Criminal Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: No i just dont want jail when i didnt do anything probation is fine if i have to
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Criminal Lawyer responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.


In what US state did this happen? How do you been arrested or cited or charged with a crime yet? Did you tell the police anything about this incident when they contacted you? Please reply here on this question thread.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.


I was hoping to hear from you before responding further to this question, because if you were charged with filing a false police report or for anything else, for that matter, the penalties vary from state to state. However, this charge is typically a misdemeanor. Also it's non-violent and that's imprtant too.

Generally on a non-violent misdemeanor or first felony offense, the possibility of serving an incarceratory sentence would be just about zero, unless you took the case all the way to trial and lost the case or you warranted and failed to make your court date. If you are charged, you should have a criminal lawyer representing you, in order to get the best possible outcome, but if probation is what you want, your lawyer should be able to get it for you.

That said, if you didn't know that your car was wrecked in your own alley and someone took your car, wrecked it joyriding and limped it back, you may want to fight this case. That's another reason you should have counsel to make sure you're as informed of all of your rights, choices and chances for success before you make any decision about the course of your case.

If you need clarification or a follow up, please reply here on this question thread, and I will respond.

Related Criminal Law Questions