Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have a friend that is being held in atlantic county jail…

Customer Question
i have a friend that...
i have a friend that is being held in atlantic county jail in mays landing nj. they have been there for 2 weeks now when i contact the superior court to try and find when a court date will be scheduled they tell me they have not decided weather to indict or not is there a time limit on when a court date should be schedueled or a better way to find out their court date
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/5/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Legalease, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer

Hello there --

-

There are certain crimes/charges that a person can be held on bail which is set by statute. Can you answer the following questions for me:

1. Do you know what the charges are and/or if bail has been set?

2. Do you know if he has a court appointed attorney yet or not?

-

MARY