Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I'm presently charged with a out.irequsted all record &

Customer Question
transcript,& the camcorder of the...
I'm presently charged with a out.irequsted all record & transcript,& the camcorder of the sobriety tests that I preformed. I was given a C.D. Of 72 phone conversations (680)man. Listed was conversation with inmates loved ones including,phone numbers,address,account numbers and other personal information. Do I have case against the arresting law enforcement department?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/5/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Dwayne B., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

The first two sentences appear to be garbled. Could you redo those? Everything before the sentence that states with "Listed was..."

I'm presently charged with a oui. I requested copies and of all the transcripts, and the dash cam. I was given an the transcripts and a cd of 72 phone calls with audio involving inmates address,phone numbers, account numbers and other inmate personal information.can I sue the law enforcement agency?

No, not for that.

The people whose information was on there might be able to sue but generally that information isn't protected by law. The only type of information that is protected, as a general rule, is health care information and that is due to HIPAA which doesn't allow for lawsuits.

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer