Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I had my license suspended in CO several years ago. I have a…

Customer Question
I had my license suspended...
I had my license suspended in CO several years ago. I have a failure to appear warrant in Denver, but I am eligible for reinstatement. Can I get a NC license, as I now live here, and will the Denver bench warrant be an impediment?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/4/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Unfortunately, generally, until any suspension in any state is removed, the person would not be able to obtain a license in any other US state or Canada and if the bench warrant is related to any driving violation or driving related crime, then a license would not be issued by any state, until the warrant is resolved.

I wish you the best of luck!

The suspension is no longer effective in CO. I am eligible for reinstatement there, but I'm unable to travel there to address the warrant for FTA. Is the warrant far reaching enough to preclude my obtaining a NC license?

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, generally, until the license is reinstated in Colorado and the FTA warrant is resolved, it would show up on the driving record check in any US state and Canada and would prevent the person from obtaining a driver license.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!