Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My daughter's roommate accused her of keying her car the day

Customer Question

my daughter's roommate accused her of keying her car the day after she called the police saying my daughter hit her during a fight.my daughter was in the police station all day, then was picked up and brought to a friends house. I spoke to her when she got there. Then she was up early this morning for a class. Can she be arrested if she denys it and no witnesses. Even if it looks bad?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Can she be arrested if she denys it and no witnesses. Even if it looks bad?

.

Did roommate call the police and file a police report about the damage?

.

Is there any surveillance video of the parking area?

.

How long ago did this happen?

.

.

thanks