Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My name is ***** ***** and my issue is regarding the Statute…

Customer Question
Hi, my name is...

Hi, my name is ***** ***** and my issue is regarding the Statute of Limitations regarding statutory rape in california

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I know that in general the statute of limitations is three years, based off the conversation I just read in this thread. However, the two parties involved had a child after the incident I know there is a DNA clause, how does that affect things? There is no case nor is there one being pursued Also, it has been over three years

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/2/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 2 years ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

The present statute of limitations for statutory rape in California is 6 years. The DNA exception rule alows for a prosecution within 10 years of the offense or within one year of the date on which the DNA evidence conclusively identifies the perpetrator of the statutory rape. You can read about this here in PC 803