Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

If the say the got me on camera picking up a gun that a guy…

if the say the got...
if the say the got me on camera picking up a gun that a guy left in a store and i wasnt caught with a pistol but they scared me since i havent been in trouble fore a while so lost on knowing the laws
3/1/2016
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

Who is "they?" If the police, can you be more specific about what happened to you and what they want of you?

hello mam i so nervous i havent been in trouble in years but they want me to snitch on drug dealers and stuff well i guy ask me to go in the store the cops where looking fore him and he left his pistol inside the smoke shop so i did like a dummy and three weeks later the say they got me on camera with a pistol the picture where so bluried i couldnt see anyway they scared me into saying i did
can i be charged ? the cops said that there gonna put the charges away fore a year and if i help them theyll go away
i cant see them charging me meaning cops sorry
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Thank you.

You are not required to cooperate with the police and jeopardize your safety. If you do want a cooperation deal, however, you're better off waiting until you've been arrested and you have a lawyer. Then your lawyer can cut a cooperation deal with the prosecutor. This is because prosecutors keep their word when making such a deal, as your judge would be aware of the agreement. Police all too often don't honor these informal agreements.

If you don't cooperate, the police can possibly have you charged with possession of the weapon. Are they saying you stole the gun? Do you have a prior felony conviction where you're not allowed to have a gun? If you can say no to both of those, I don't see what they would be charging you for, as the video is blurry and they never found the weapon.

no they never found the gun no the guy stole it he is in jail they have no wepon
weapon sorry
no it was nine guns stolen at the time im starting to learn more i never new
they keep tryna trick me into saying i knew they where stolen and i didnt.
i have a resale shop here in jeffersoncity

Right. So I'm not really sure that they have charges they can file. They may just be trying to use you for information. If you know something about all this and are afraid you can be implicated, then you need to consult with a local criminal attorney. You don't need to hire one yet, because there's nothing you can do. But you do want to be able to tell the police that you have a lawyer and that he has advised you not to discuss this matter any further with them.

If they can arrest you -- I am not sure they've got enough to do that -- they can do that, but you don't want to give them information that can be used against you on their case. You shouldn't be talking to the police at all except with a lawyer.

By resale shop you mean a pawn shop? Are they looking to charge you for selling stolen goods?

Zoey_ JD
thank you mam its kind of confusing i might need to talk live thank you so much

Phone calls are a premium service, which requires an additional fee. If you're interested in that, let me know and I can give you the information.

Otherwise we can continue here.