Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have received a letter in the mail saying I have a warrant…

Customer Question
I have received a...

I have received a letter in the mail saying I have a warrant for my arrest charged with theft by check $20-$500. What do I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I wrote a $200 at grocery store but it bounced. I had received a letter requesting it be paid in 10 days but at time was having hard time financially then honestly forgot to pay it until I received the warrant in the mail. It is asking me to post a $250 bond

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/1/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Colleen Grady, Attorney and Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Colleen Grady
Colleen Grady, Attorney and Counselor at Law

Hello. I will help you with your questions. I have been an attorney for 26 years.

Can you attach the letter for me, please?

If you cannot attach it, can you please tell me what state you are in?

Do they have a Law section number on your letter?

What police or prosecutor agency is the letter from?

Once you have given me these responses, I will know how to guide you. Thank you, ***** *****