Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

If a woman say to a judge that a man is the father of her…

Customer Question
If a woman say to...
If a woman say to a judge that a man is the father of her child, tells the judge a name, so she can take a lesser plea deal, can the name of the man said by the women deny taking any D.N.A., or blood test, and the man is on parole?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/1/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 2 years ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

Are you asking whether parole can require him to take a DNA test?

Yes, if parole can request a DNA test of a parolee. The parolee is required to comply with whatever Parole asks of him, or he can forfeit his liberty for violating parole. A parolee is a sentenced felony offender and he is without almost all of his civil rights, by definition. However the one right he has is a right to a hearing.

So if he doesn't wish to test, he can take that up with the Parole Board and see if they will overrule the testing requirement. If that doesn't help, he can get a lawyer who can bring this issue before the sentencing judge. Frankly, judges tend not to come between Parole and their parolees. But they will to prevent an injustice.

If that's not your question and the woman is seeking to establish the paternity of her child, she can bring the matter to family court and the possible father can be ordered (whether he is on parole or not) to provide a DNA sample.