How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3169
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a Operating While Intoxicated on January 24,

Customer Question

Hi, I received a Operating While Intoxicated on January 24, 2016. I refused the chemical test because I did not understand what it was and I requested to speak to a lawyer first. I want to write a letter to the arresting officer pleading he drop the refusal of chemical test charges so I do not lose my license for a year. Also, I want to write a letter to the prosecutor requesting the charges be dropped or a lesser charge. I am 35 and never been in trouble. I received a speeding ticket in 2008 or 2009 and that is it. Can you help me write these letters or provide insight on how it should be written? Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

I am not permitted to tell what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?