Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I received a Operating While Intoxicated on January 24,

Customer Question
Hi, I received a Operating...
Hi, I received a Operating While Intoxicated on January 24, 2016. I refused the chemical test because I did not understand what it was and I requested to speak to a lawyer first. I want to write a letter to the arresting officer pleading he drop the refusal of chemical test charges so I do not lose my license for a year. Also, I want to write a letter to the prosecutor requesting the charges be dropped or a lesser charge. I am 35 and never been in trouble. I received a speeding ticket in 2008 or 2009 and that is it. Can you help me write these letters or provide insight on how it should be written? Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
2/29/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

I am not permitted to tell JustAnswer.com what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?