Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

What can I expect to happen during a motion to revoke

Customer Question

what can I expect to happen during a motion to revoke probation in the state of Texas, I was placed on four years probation for possession of a controlled substance over 1 less than 4 from an arrest nearly two years ago two weeks after being put on probation I was arrested in another county for the same offense I immediately came back after bonding out of jail and spoke with my probation officer and he said we will work it out and I asked for rehabilitation two days later I found I had a bench warrant on a motion to revoke probation officer will not return my call my daughter is handicapped from Iraq 2 years ago and I'm just trying to find out what to expect so I can make arrangements for her someone said that they were required to offer me rehabilitation I spoke with Attorney for $1,000 he says if I turn myself in he will get me a hearing within 10 days and request rehabilitation I would like to do a voluntary rehabilitation rather than being sent to a safep program I've never been in trouble before I'm 47 years old and I have no record of any kind
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I suggest that the court will do whatever your PO asks the court to do because they are the closest to you and know if a rehab would work for you or not. I suggest you PO is going to be your "lifeline" in this situation. You might consider getting involved in some sort of voluntary rehab program and that way you can show your PO and the court that you are trying, in good faith. Now, while a court may allow the rehab, as to where that will be will depend on your PO and how well they think you will function on your own in an outpatient environment.