How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27280
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Was arrested charge on a drug search, charges were dropped

Customer Question

Was arrested charge on a drug search, charges were dropped due to wrongful search and seizure a year later was arrested in a different county on drug charges wasn't able to make it to my sentencing court date which turned into a warrant I'm now in custody and in another county serving a six-month sentence how can I get my warrant removed and add it 2 rime served so I can be done when I get out with all convictions
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.

I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Counsel would need to be retained and they would need to file a motion with the court, to have the warrant lifted and the hearing reset, so you can be sentenced. The attorney can then speak with the State and try and see if they would agree to impose the sentence and run it concurrent with the present one, so once you are done, you are released and that would be it. The goal is for the attorney to make the court aware of what is going on where you are serving the 6 months sentence and have them run it now, so you are doing essentially a 2 for 1.

Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Related Criminal Law Questions