Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Was arrested charge on a drug search, charges were dropped…

Customer Question
Was arrested charge on...
Was arrested charge on a drug search, charges were dropped due to wrongful search and seizure a year later was arrested in a different county on drug charges wasn't able to make it to my sentencing court date which turned into a warrant I'm now in custody and in another county serving a six-month sentence how can I get my warrant removed and add it 2 rime served so I can be done when I get out with all convictions
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
2/28/2016
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 2 years ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Counsel would need to be retained and they would need to file a motion with the court, to have the warrant lifted and the hearing reset, so you can be sentenced. The attorney can then speak with the State and try and see if they would agree to impose the sentence and run it concurrent with the present one, so once you are done, you are released and that would be it. The goal is for the attorney to make the court aware of what is going on where you are serving the 6 months sentence and have them run it now, so you are doing essentially a 2 for 1.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

CrimDefense
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty